Before your visit, consider what you'd like your students to learn from The Horse
. Review the Essential Questions
to see how the exhibition's educational themes can connect to your curriculum. Make a plan for how your class will investigate the exhibition and continue learning back in the classroom.
There are many ways to explore The Horse
- You (and your class chaperones) can move through the gallery with students using the Teaching in the Exhibition section of this guide.
- You may wish to create student worksheets using the guiding questions from Teaching in the Exhibition.
- You may wish to distribute copies of the Map of the Exhibition beforehand to chaperones and/or students.
Visit The Horse for Educators for:
- information on field trips, reservations, lunchrooms, and other useful tips to help plan your visit
- free online resources, including activities and reference lists related to the exhibition
- a link to the exhibition website, which contains text and images from The Horse