To Infinity, and Beyond!
More About This Resource...
Created for the museum's Beyond Planet Earth: The Future of Space Exploration exhibit, this article introduces students to our accomplishments in space travel and explores its future. It includes:
- an overview of flight from the first manned hot air balloon to Neil Armstrong's historic walk on the moon;
- a recap of the exhibit's highlights from Michael Shara, curator of the exhibit; and
- a look at the possibilities of commercial space travel and the dangers of asteroids.
Supplement a study of space or technology with an activity drawn from this Scholastic News article.
- Send students to this online article, or print copies of it for them to read.
- Have them write a one-page reaction to the article, in which they answer the final question posed by Shara: What will space travel become, and where will it take us?