Our Global Kitchen: All-American Grill
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine ground coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 salmon steaks; ¾ inch thick, room temperature
1. Mix the first 6 ingredients in a bowl.
2. Rub the mixture into both sides of both steaks. Let sit for 5 minutes.
3. Cook on a lightly oiled grill for 5 minutes on each side, until salmon is opaque and feels firm to the touch.
4. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Grilled Peach Salad
- 1 peach cut in 6 pieces
- 1 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ head of boston lettuce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the brown sugar with the cinnamon.
2. Brush peaches with butter and sprinkle with sugar-cinnamon mixture. Let sit for 2 minutes
3. Place peaches sugar side down on a lightly oiled grill, at medium heat, for 5 minutes;. While they cook, brush other side with butter, sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
* If you are using an open flame grill, brush and sprinkle both sides of the peach slices BEFORE you put them on the grill.
4. Flip them and cover; cook 3 more minutes.
5. Wash and dry the lettuce. Dress it with oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
6. Serve the peaches over the salad.