Earth Day is a good time to reflect on the health of our planet. Museum scientists and Science World readers shared their plans to go green.
More About This Resource...
This online article is from Science Explorations, a collaboration between AMNH and Scholastic designed to promote science literacy. Written for students in grades 6-10, this article from Science World magazine has the following content:
- An overview of the environmental work three AMNH scientists are doing.
- A look at the annual Kids' Environmental Report Card, which shows what environmental issues thousands of kids across the country think are most pressing.
- The winners and runners-up in the It's Your Environment Challenge, which asked kids to ways to solve an environmental problem.
Less than 1 period
Supplement a study of ecology with an activity drawn from this online Science Explorations article.
- Send students to this online article, or print copies of it for them to read.
- Working individually or in groups, have students come up with their own solutions to environmental problems.