The Mead Festival is Hiring!
by AMNH on
Margaret Mead Festival Assistant (Seasonal)
Responsibilities & Duties:
This position assists with operations of the Margaret Mead Film Festival. (S)he also manages 50-75 volunteers. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to:
· Assist with coordination of all film festival operations
· Solicit and schedule all festival volunteers, organizing them to specific tasks during the festival (including ticketing and theater operations)
· Manage the festival box office, ticketing, and guest lists for ~35 films.
· Work with designer to create and print festival t-shirts
· Assist with scheduling filmmaker travel for ~25 filmmakers
· Organize the dissemination of brochures and flyers throughout the city.
· Oversee festival badging, including creation, printing and badge pick-up for guests, filmmakers, co-presenters, and staff.
· Create and handout guest, filmmaker, and co-presenters packets.
This position sits within the Public Programs division of the Education Department, and reports to the Senior Coordinator of Public Programs.
· At least 2 years experience working with film/large scale public festivals
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Team player who can juggle multiple projects and work well under tight deadlines
· Knowledge and/or passion for international documentary film and new media
· Knowledge and/or passion for public events featuring science and culture
· Ability to work some nights/weekends a must
Familiarity with MS Excel, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, and FileMaker Pro a plus.
This position starts 7/22 and ends on 10/25.Approx. 35 hours/week;nights and weekends required October 10-20.
This notice is effective through 6/25/13
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org