Shortcut Navigation:

NYC Super Bowl Weekend at the Museum: 2/1 and 2/2

News posts

Need a break from pondering the pigskin this Super Bowl weekend? The Museum's Space Show, Dark Universe, can transport you to the edges of space, while our 45 exhibition halls offer windows onto nature, from the familiar to the fantastic.

Dark Universe

DarkUniverse_matterBLOG

What might dark matter look like? Find out in our Space Show, Dark Universe. 


The universe is less than 5 percent ordinary matter; what makes up the other 95 percent? Researchers have not yet pinned that down, but you can see the most up-to-date visualizations of dark matter in our new Space Show, Dark Universe. Learn more and buy tickets. 


Bernard Family Hall of North American Mammals 

Newly restored and reopened in the fall of 2012, the Bernard Family Hall of North American Mammals features more than 40 splendid dioramas featuring some of the 500 or so mammal species found in North America. 

Visit two wolves at midnight, galloping across the northern Minnesota snow, with the Northern Lights at their backs.

Wolf diorama new science

Wolves

© AMNH/R. Mickens


See majestic brown bears, in Canoe Bay, Alaska, on the prowl for salmon.

Close up Alaska Brown Bear diorama

Close up of Alaska Brown Bear diorama, in the Bernard Family Hall of North American Mammals

© AMNH/D. Finnin


Watch a video to learn more about the restoration of the dioramas.


Visiting the Bernard Family Hall of North American Mammals is free for Members or with Museum admission.

Tags: Weekends

American Museum of Natural History

Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, NY 10024-5192
Phone: 212-769-5100

Open daily from 10 am - 5:45 pm
except on Thanksgiving and Christmas
Maps and Directions

Enlighten Your Inbox

Stay informed about Museum news and research, events, and more!