Spectrum of Habitats
Did you know that the world's deserts keep expanding each year? Or that islands have the highest animal extinction rate—75 percent? Take a closer look at the major habitats found on Earth.
More About This Resource...
- grasslands and savannas
- temperate and boreal forests
- tropical forests
- coral reefs and coastal wetlands
- freshwater wetlands, rivers, and lakes
Approximately 1 period
Supplement a study of biodiversity with an activity drawn from these online exhibition materials.
- Divide the class into nine groups, one for each of the habitats covered.
- Send students to this online presentation, or print copies of it for them to read.