Sample winning essay for Life at the Limits: Stories of Amazing Species Class of the Month Contest - Olive
Olive's work comes from Melissa Murphy's 5th grade class at PS 9 Sarah Anderson school.
The essay’s strengths:
- Accurately presents information relevant to all parts of the prompt with effective paraphrased details from the article and exhibition
- Integrates relevant and accurate science content with thorough explanations that demonstrate in-depth understanding of animal body parts and their function
- Uses labeled illustrations of the spiny puffer fish and two other animals to accurately communicate relevant information
- Provides a concluding paragraph
- Consistent use of precise and domain-specific language where appropriate