Sample winning essay for Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs Class of the Month Contest - Ben
Ben's work comes from Elizabeth Peña's fifth grade class at P.S. 009 Sarah Anderson School.
This essay’s strengths:
- Maintains a strongly developed focus on the writing prompt for the entire essay.
- Clearly introduces the topic of pterosaurs
- Describes what one fossil reveals about that pterosaur species.
- Some use of precise and domain-specific language
Needs additional support:
- Does not explicitly define the word “fossil.”
- Illustration communicates little new information.