Sample winning essay for Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs Class of the Month Contest - Max
Max's work comes from Melissa Murphy's fifth grade class at P.S. 009 Sarah Anderson School.
This essay’s strengths:
- Integrates relevant and accurate science content with thorough explanations that demonstrate in-depth understanding of the topic.
- Clearly describes what one fossil reveals about that pterosaur species.
- Some use of precise and domain-specific language
Needs additional support:
- Uses definition of “fossil” directly from the text without paraphrasing.
- Does not include a strong sense of closure at the end.