Sample winning essay for Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs Class of the Month Contest - Ty
Ty's work comes from Melissa Murphy's fifth grade class at P.S. 009 Sarah Anderson School.
This essay’s strengths:
- Presents information from the text relevant to the prompt with accuracy and sufficient detail.
- Presents information from the Museum exhibit relevant to the prompt with accuracy and sufficient detail.
- Accurately presents science content relevant to the prompt with sufficient explanations that demonstrate understanding of the topic.
- Uses a labeled illustration of a pterosaur fossil to accurately communicate relevant information.
Needs additional support:
- Addresses the prompt but is off-task some of the time
- Does not explicitly introduce the topic of pterosaurs.