Sample winning essay for Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs Class of the Month Contest - Mia
Mia's work comes from Jennifer Kneeland's second grade class at P.S. 031 the William Lloyd Garrison in the Bronx.
This essay’s strengths:
- Accurately presents information relevant to all parts of the prompt with effective paraphrased details from the Museum exhibit.
- Integrates relevant and accurate science content with thorough explanations that demonstrate in-depth understanding of the topic.
- Uses a labeled illustration of a pterosaur fossil to accurately communicate relevant information.
- The description of the pterosaur includes its scientific name and accurate details about three body parts.
- Provides a concluding statement/section
Needs additional support:
- Does not explicitly introduce the topic of pterosaurs.