Sample winning essay for Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs Class of the Month Contest - Tyrese
Tyrese's work comes from Jennifer Kneeland's second grade class at P.S. 031 the William Lloyd Garrison in the Bronx.
This essay’s strengths:
- Accurately presents information relevant to all parts of the prompt with effective paraphrased details from the Museum exhibit.
- Integrates relevant and accurate science content with thorough explanations that demonstrate in-depth understanding of the topic.
- Uses a labeled illustration of a pterosaur fossil to accurately communicate relevant information.
- Demonstrates and maintains a well-developed command of standard English conventions and cohesion, with few errors.
Needs additional support:
- Does not include a strong sense of closure at the end.