Sample winning essay for Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs Class of the Month Contest - Allison
Allison's work comes from Laura Devlin's fifth grade class at P.S. 056 Harry Eichler in Queens.
This essay’s strengths:
- Accurately presents information relevant to all parts of the prompt with effective paraphrased details from the Museum exhibit.
- Integrates relevant and accurate science content with thorough explanations that demonstrate in-depth understanding of the pterosaurs and their fossils.
- Accurately defines "fossil" in own words
- Clearly describes what one fossil reveals about that pterosaur species.
Needs additional support:
- Includes some off-topic information about fossil formation