Sample winning essay for Pterosaurs: Flight in the Age of Dinosaurs Class of the Month Contest - Luke
Luke's work comes from Laura Devlin's fifth grade class at P.S. 056 Harry Eichler in Queens.
This essay’s strengths:
- Presents information from the text relevant to the prompt with accuracy and sufficient detail.
- Presents information from the Museum exhibit relevant to the prompt with accuracy and sufficient detail.
- Accurately presents science content relevant to the prompt with sufficient explanations that demonstrate understanding of the topic.
- Maintains focus on the writing prompt for the majority of the essay.
Needs additional support:
- Illustration communicates little new information.