- Galaxy images (NASA/Swift/NOAO/Michael Koss and Richard Mushotzky [Univ. of Maryland])
- Andromeda-Milky Way collision computer simulation (AMNH)
Science Bulletins Snapshots are updated weekly and are a good way to introduce your students to the dynamic nature of the Universe and of science. Students can view the snapshot as a class or in small groups. Use the following questions to guide a discussion.
- What did this snapshot report?
- What do you know about this topic?
- What types of instruments did scientists use to gather the data?
- What did the data show?
- How did the evidence scientists gathered contribute to their knowledge of space? What might be some of the implications of their discovery?
- How did this information change the way you think about the Universe?
- How does this story illustrate The Scientific Process?