- Ancient organisms: Peter Convey, British Antarctic Survey, Cambridge, UK and Mark I. Stevens, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand
- ANDEEP: Angelika Brandt, Zoological Museum, Hamburg, Germany (lead)
- Icebergs: Kenneth L. Smith, Jr, Monterey Bay Aquarium Research Institute, Moss Landing, CA (lead)
- Brandt, A., et al. “First Insights into the Biodiversity and Biogeography of the Southern Ocean Deep Sea.”Nature 447 (May 17, 2007).
- Convey, P., and M. Stevens. “Antarctic Biodiversity.” Science 317: 5846, 1877–1878.
- Smith, K. L., Jr., et al. “Free-Drifting Icebergs: Hot Spots of Chemical and Biological Enrichment in the Weddell Sea.” Science 317: 5837, 478–482.
Data and Images
- Antarctica, February 2004 (Blue Marble: Next Generation, satellite: NASA Terra/Aqua, sensor: MODIS)
- Icebergs in the Weddell Sea, October 23, 2007 (Landsat Image Mosaic of Antarctica, satellite: NASA Landsat 7, sensor: ETM+)
- Springtail, lichen (Pete Bucktrout)
- Ctenocidaris (Armin Rose, German Centre for Marine Biodiversity/DZMB)
- Isopod (Wiebke Brökeland, German Centre for Marine Biodiversity/DZMB)
- Iceberg life (Nicolle Rager Fuller, National Science Foundation)