- Horváth, G., et al. "Polarized light pollution: a new kind of ecological photopollution." Frontiers In Ecology and the Environment (January 7, 2009).
- Australia, October 2004 (Blue Marble: Next Generation; satellite: NASA Terra/Aqua, sensor: MODIS)
- City lights at night (Data courtesy Marc Imhoff of NASA GSFC and Christopher Elvidge of NOAA NGDC. Image by Craig Mayhew and Robert Simmon, NASA GSFC)
- Street light photograph (Steve Cuddihy, Jr.)
- Insect photos (György Kriska, Eötvös University, Budapest, Hungary)