- Wikelski, M., et al. "Large-range movements of neotropical orchid bees observed via radio telemetry." PLoS One (May 26, 2010).
Data and Images
- Central America, 2004 (Blue Marble: Next Generation; satellite: NASA Terra/Aqua, sensor: MODIS)
- Gatún Lake, May 2002 (Satellite: NASA Landsat 7, sensor: ETM+. Courtesy Jesse Allen, NASA Earth Observatory)
- Barro Colorado Island, March 29, 2002 (DigitalGlobe; Satellite: QuickBird. Courtesy NASA Earth Observatory and Jason Drake, University of Georgia)
- Orchid bee images (Christian Ziegler)
- Bee tracks (Data from M. Wikelski et al., 2010; Courtesy of Roland Kays, New York State Museum, Albany, NY)
- Bee flight video (Roland Kays)