- William J. Ripple and Robert L. Beschta, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Ripple, W.J. and R.L. Beschta. Trophic cascades involving cougar, mule deer, and black oaks in Yosemite National Park. Biological Conservation, April 8, 2008.
Data and Images
- Western U.S., May 2004 (Blue Marble: Next Generation; satellite: NASA Terra/Aqua, sensor: MODIS)
- Yosemite Valley composite, May 28/June 4/July 6/ October 10, 2007 (Satellite: NASA Terra, sensor: ASTER)
- California black oak at Yosemite (2) (© 2008 David Chudnov, FreeLargePhotos.com)
- Evening primrose, deer and visitors in Yosemite (Courtesy Robert Beschta and William Ripple)
- Cougar (California Department of Fish and Game)