- Junying Yu and James A. Thomson, University of Wisconsin“ Madison, Madison, WI (leads)
- Shinya Yamanaka, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan/Gladstone Institute of Cardiovascular Disease, San Francisco, CA (lead)
- Kazutoshi T., et al. “ Induction of Pluripotent Stem Cells from Adult Human Fibroblasts by Defined Factors .”Cell. Published online November 19, 2007.
- Yu J., et al. “ Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Lines Derived from Human Somatic Cells .”Science Express. Published online November 20, 2007.
- James Thomson (Jeff Miller)
- Shinya Yamanaka (Courtesy of the Gladstone Institutes)
- Skin cells (Junying Yu, Univ. of Wisconsin)
- Stem cells (AMNH)
- Blood cells (National Cancer Institute)
- Heart cells (Lifeline Cell Technology, a wholly owned subsidiary of International Stem Cell Corporation)
- Nerve cells ( Paul De Koninck, Laval University, http://www.greenspine.ca )
- Junying Yu at microscope (Bryce Richter)