- Beall, C. M. et al. "Natural selection on EPAS1 (HIF2Α) associated with low hemoglobin concentration in Tibetan highlanders." PNAS (June 22, 2010).
- Simonson, T., et al. "Genetic evidence for high-altitude adaptation in Tibet." Science (July 2, 2010).
- Yi, X., et al. "Sequencing of 50 human exomes reveals adaptation to high altitude." Science (July 2, 2010).
Images and Data
- Nepali porter (Bartosz Hadyniak/iStockphoto)
- Woman in Beijing subway station (PhotoTalk/iStockphoto)
- EPAS1 sequence (Beall et al. 2010)