SRMP - Astrophysics
To read about astrophysics research currently ongoing at the Museum, please visit the Astrophysics web page.
Past Student Projects
Titles of past SRMP student projects conducted in Astrophysics include:
- New wide common proper motion multiple star systems in the LSPM-N,S catalog
- On the Role of Viscous Transport in the Oxygen Abundance Gradient over Extended Galactic Disk
- Wolf-Rayet Stars in HII Regions of the Galaxy NGC 6946
- A Catalog of Double Stars Within 40 parsecs of the Sun Identified in Archival Hubble Space Telescope Images
Students interested in conducting research in Astrophysics can qualify to apply to SRMP by taking three of the Science Research courses in the After School Program.
Students must complete at least one of these courses:
- Wonderful Universe
To complete three courses, in addition to the above we also offer:
- DIY Astronomy
- Secrets of the Solar System
A schedule for the Science Research courses offered in the 2012-13 school year will be available this summer.
Contact: For more information, please e-mail email@example.com or call Hilleary Osheroff (212-769-5141).