The Application Portal is now CLOSED. To apply to the program for 2018, please check back in April, or join our mailing list.
2017 Application Process
Step 1: Create an online account with a user name and password. Retain this information to access the account throughout the application process.
Step 2: Complete the online application by February 15, 2017. Please make sure all the requirements have been met so that your application can proceed to the next step:
- Personal, professional, academic information
- Short answer questions
- Statement of educational goals and intent
- Three letters of recommendation*
- Official transcripts from all universities and professional schools attended*
- Score report from the GRE General Exam* (GRE program code: 7802)
- Current resume
- Signed agreement to seek employment as a teacher in a high-needs school in NYS
- Application fee of $50 (non-refundable)
*Official deadline for transcripts and letters of recommendation is February 23, 2017. Official deadline for GRE test scores is March 15, 2017.
Step 3: If you are selected for an interview, you will hear from the MAT Program during the month of February. Admissions interviews will be held in February and March at the Museum.
Step 4: Notification of admissions decisions will be mailed by the end of March. Students in the Class of 2018 would begin the program on June 6, 2017.
February 15 – Portal Closes
February 23 – Official Deadline for transcripts and letters of recommendation
March 15 – Official Deadline for GRE scores
June 6 – Start Date of Program