The following financial supports are available to degree candidates in the MAT program*:
- Full scholarship to cover tuition.
- $30,000 stipend over the duration of the 15-month program; part of the stipend may be used to purchase health insurance.
- MacBook laptop for use during the program.
- Required resources and books for your classes
- Costs associated with certification including certification exams, workshops, fingerprinting, and certification fee.
- Annual Membership to TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) and NSTA (National Science Teacher Association).
*Degree candidates are required to teach in high-needs schools in New York State for four years after completing the program. Failure to satisfy the academic requirements of the program or to complete the service requirement will result in forfeiture of a portion of the MAT scholarship or stipend award which will revert to a loan with repayment pro-rated accordingly to reflect partial service completed.