Download Curriculum Vitae
- Columbia University, BA (Geology), 1970
- Teachers College, Columbia, MAT, Science Ed, 1971
- Teachers College, Columbia, EdD, Science Ed, 1974
- Teachers College, Columbia, Med, Curr & Tchg, 1987
Dr. Passow is completing his 42nd year in the classroom, currently at Dwight Morrow High School in his hometown of Englewood, NJ. He is the founder and organizer of the Earth2Class Workshops for Teachers at the Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University. Dr. Passow is active in many professional Earth Science societies, serving renewed terms as President of the National Earth Science Teachers Association-Eastern Section and President-Elect of the National Earth Science Teachers Association. In his spare time, he is an avid kayaker.
- Science Teacher, Dwight Morrow High School, Englewood, NJ: 2007-2012
- Adjunct Associate Research Scientist, Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory of Columbia University: 2005-2012