| Information for Field Trips
Establishing Safety Rules for Field Trips
Before you go outside, take the time to develop a list
of safety rules with the class. Record their ideas.
Here is a sample list:
RULES FOR FIELD TRIPS
- Always walk.
- Stay in the boundaries.
- Don't stick your hand into anything.
- Find out which plants are poisonous and don't touch
or eat them.
- Take along a first aid kit.
- Unless we are collecting, don't take anything.
- Don't leave anything behind, and don't litter.
- Take a wristwatch in each group. Keep on schedule.
- Remember that noise scares away most animals.
- Leave the place the way we found it. Gently replace
rocks, logs, or vegetation. This is someone else's