||Under your feet, the Earth's different layers are moving and interacting all the
time. All the layers work together in a system, and each one plays an important role.
Here's just one way they all work together:
- Intense heat flowing out of the core and mantle makes the mantle flow in circles.
- The motion of the mantle causes the plates to move.
- The moving plates create volcanoes.
- The volcanoes release gases into the atmosphere.
- The atmosphere acts like a giant blanket, keeping the planet warm.
This makes life on Earth possible!