live in water that's 10 times saltier than that which would kill most other land plants. Why? Their roots filter most of the salt out of the
Mangroves are among the most threatened habitats
in the world. More than half of the original mangrove forests have been lost and the remaining forests are damaged.
that you've explored some of the questions scientists ask, investigate another ocean ecosystem, and ask:
- How are organisms within the ecosystem important to one another?
- What makes this ecosystem special?
- How do organisms adapt to living in this ecosystem?
- How is this ecosystem connected to neighboring ones?
- Is this ecosystem endangered?