If you are a graduate student, post-doctoral fellow, or early-career professional pursuing or considering the field of conservation science, you are encouraged to apply to participate in the 2014 Student Conference on Conservation Science-New York, 15-17 October.
Applications will be considered in four categories.
- Talk Presentation
- 12-minute talk (with images), plus 3 minutes for audience questions
- Speed Talk Presentation
- 4-minute talk (with images) within a session of 8-10 presentations, followed by a breakout session for further discussion
- Poster Presentation
- Posters will be displayed during an evening poster reception. Fellow attendees and mentor/reviewers will view the work and discuss it with poster authors
- Attendance Only
- Abstract-Submission Requirements:
Applicants wishing to present their work as a Talk, Speed Talk, or Poster must submit an abstract outlining a research project that they have completed or are currently conducting. Undergraduate students conducting thesis-level research may also apply. The SCCS-NY Selection Committee will select abstracts for presentation based on quality and relevance to conservation. Applications will be considered from any conservation-related field, including work in the natural sciences, social sciences, or the humanities. Only one abstract per person may be submitted for consideration.
*Please note: If you plan to present on research that has not yet been conducted, your application will only be considered for the poster session.
IMPORTANT SCCS-NY 2014 DATES:
- The abstract submission period is now closed. You must select "Attendance Only" when applying for the conference, or your application will not be accepted
- Submitted Abstracts will be reviewed and notifications sent to presenters via email the week of May 1.
- Deadline for invited presenters to confirm involvement and pay registration is Monday, July 1. Payment must be made by this date or your name will be removed from the program.
- Non-presenters can apply to attend and pay registration until Saturday, 20 September Eastern Daylight Time. Note that seating is limited, so apply early to guarantee your place!
- All relevant fields must be completed in full.
- After submitted your application you will receive an email with a summary of your application. Please keep this email for your records.
- Applications will be reviewed by a committee and notifications will be sent via email the week of May 1 2014.
- Applicants who are selected to present will be required to register by July 1.
The non-refundable registration fee is $125 USD. (Includes all conference activities, coffee breaks, lunches, and receptions.)