Class Workshop Housing And Rates
University classes and workshops may use Station facilities. High school classes and continuing education classes may also avail themselves of the Station’s facilities.
Classes and Workshops include:
- groups of participants that are in degree seeking programs, and/or
- groups of participants that receive certification after completing the class or workshop.
Dorm accommodations are rooms with 2 - 3 single beds, closet space, and common use bathrooms with showers located on the first floor. When space is available, instructors or students may request private dorm accommodations.
All linens are supplied. Dorm rooms do not have televisions nor telephones (see below), but wireless internet is available. A swimming pool is available for guest use--please bring personal towels.
If you have been on the road prior to visiting the Station, please stop and do laundry before arriving to the SWRS. All common use washers and dryers are token-operated and only available after 3:00PM for guest use, unless otherwise stated by Housekeeping Staff. Tokens may be purchased in the Nature Shop or Main Office for $1.50 (one to wash and one to dry; laundry detergent is provided).
Rooms with kitchenettes may also be requested, if available. Each room has a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker; two twin beds or one king, and a sofa bed that sleeps one adult or two small children. Each room has a private bathroom. Click here for pictures of rooms.
All rates for lodging include three meals each day. March through October, meals are served promptly at 7:30 a.m., 12:00 noon, and 6:00 p.m. Guests eat family style in the dining room or at outside picnic tables. Vegetarian and No Red Meat meals are available with advance notice.
With 24-hour notice sack lunches can be provided. For hardy early-birds who would rather be out and about at 7:30, a self-serve cold breakfast of cereal and juice can be arranged the night before with the cook and taken between 5:30 a.m. and 6:30 a.m. The kitchen is closed between meals. For those not staying at the Station, meals can be purchased in the dining hall with 24 hours advance notice. Prices for meals are: Breakfast- $8.00, Lunch- $10.00 and Dinner- $12.00. Please call to inquire; payment is due upon reservation. If the Station is full, it may not be possible to accommodate this request.
Participants in Science Courses
*Participants must be in a degree seeking program or receiving certification from the instructor.
Meal Fees are mandatory during the season 1 March – 31 October
|Lodging||1Station Fees||Total Fee|
|Private dorm(If available)||$61.00||$9.00||$70.00|
Shared room with kitchenette
|Private room with kitchenette (If available)||$81.00||$9.00||$90.00|
1 Station Fees include use of the labs, science facilities, and/or Conference Room; and internet.
3 A limited number of campers are allowed on station grounds; call to check on availability.
Campers must bring their own bath towels and sleeping linen.
Internet: The labs are wired for internet and wireless is available in most station locations. A computer room is available for those that do not bring their own laptops.
11:00 a.m. for lunch arrival
4:00 p.m. for dinner arrival
10:00 a.m. for breakfast
1:00 p.m. for lunch
Reservations for spring (March 1-June 15) and fall (Sept. 1-Oct. 31) can be made at any time. As the summer is our busiest research time, reservations are taken only one week in advance June 15-Aug. 31. Reservations can be taken between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (MST) seven days a week at 520-558-2396 (Monday through Friday during the winter months) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Useful Information
- Personal and traveler's checks are accepted, as well as Visa and MasterCard credit cards.
- Pets are not permitted. Please do not bring pets and expect to leave them in your car.
- Arizona does not go on daylight savings time; we are on Mountain Standard Time. During the summer this is the equivalent of Pacific Daylight Savings Time.
- One phone is available in the computer room, and all calls are limited to 15 minutes. You must bring or purchase a calling card from the Main Office or Nature Shop to use the phone. You may want to arrange to have the person call you back (520-558-2381) to save minutes on the card. Guests cannot be reached through the main Station number (520-558-2396) except in real emergencies. You are welcome to bring your laptop, or use our computer room.
- Many station guests use Skype to communicate to family and friends. You may want to learn about that option before arriving to the Station.
- Driving time from Tucson is three hours. Click here for directions and a map.
- Feel free to call for more information! 520-558-2396