The following entrances are accessible by wheelchair and have passenger loading zones and curb ramps:
- Rose Center for Earth and Space entrance: 81st Street, just west of Central Park West
- Parking garage entrance: 81st Street adjacent to Rose Center entrance
- 77th Street entrance: 77th Street, between Central Park West and Columbus Avenue. Please note: this entrance is open only for special programs.
All of the Museum's exhibitions are accessible by wheelchair, and all public floors of the Museum can be reached by elevator.
All theaters include wheelchair locations and companion seats. The LeFrak Theater also is equipped with chairs that have swing-out armrests for those wishing to sit in a theater seat.
All food service areas are accessible by wheelchair with no steps, turnstiles, or other potential obstructions.
The following restroom locations are accessible to those with mobility impairments or in wheelchairs:
- Lower level, near the subway entrance
- Lower level, Rose Center for Earth and Space
- First floor, Milstein Hall of Ocean Life (located on hall's lower level, access via elevator on mezzanine level))
- First floor, Rose Center for Earth and Space
- First floor, near the Grand Gallery (family restroom)
- Second floor, Charles A. Dana Education Wing
- Fourth floor, Wallach Orientation Center
Wheelchairs are available for visitor use on a first-come, first-served basis at the Membership desk directly inside the Rose Center/81st Street entrance, at the Main/Central Park West entrance, and in the parking garage. Please bring a form of identification for wheelchair use.
For additional information on accessibility at the Museum please call 212-769-5250 or email firstname.lastname@example.org