Earth Bulletin delves into our planet’s secrets, uncovering the intertwined systems that make Earth habitable. Breaking news stories report earthquake and volcanic activity, demonstrating the motion of Earth’s tectonic plates.
Seasonally updated data visualizations provide global view of our dynamic planet and feature:
- Atmospheric ozone decline over the Antarctic since 2004.
- Sea-surface temperatures helping to detect and predict recurring weather patterns such as El Niño events.
- Arctic Ocean expand and shrink with the seasons
Feature stories illustrate how scientists study and interpret Earth’s geology and climate. Past feature stories include:
- Geologists watch over the massive active volcano beneath Yellowstone National Park.
- How tsunami researchers are trying to get ahead of the next big wave.