For the first time, the Museum is pleased to invite Patrons Circle members at, and above, the Discoverer ($25,000) level to experience the 2017 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade from our front steps—at the starting point of the Parade! Enjoy breakfast in the Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda and view the Parade from your exclusive “front-row seats” with your party of up to 15 people.
This invitation-only celebration is our thanks to you for upgrading your membership. Your amplified support will sustain, strengthen, and advance our vital efforts to expand human knowledge and foster science literacy.
If you have questions or would like to like to complete your upgrade over the phone, call the Patrons Circle office at 212-769-5153. Our invite-only guest list for this event must be confirmed by Tuesday, November 14.
Following is a full list of the benefits you will enjoy at the Discoverer level.
- Private, guided behind-the-scenes tour during business hours—draw back the curtain on our world-class collections and active laboratory spaces
- Private, guided, before-hours tour of the permanent or special exhibition of your choice for a party of up to ten people
- Invitation to attend two Science-at-Work events, featuring direct access to private Museum spaces and scientists in a small group setting, followed by a reception
- Invitations to before- and after- hours events, including two VIP special exhibition preview receptions and a Patrons-only breakfast
- Invitation to a luncheon hosted by the Museum President
- Patrons Circle Concierge Service for help in booking tickets, planning and customizing a visit
- Access to Member Lounge Concierge Service, including express ticketing, free coat check, and dedicated phone line
- Invitations, upon request, to Family Scientist programming, including:
- The custom-designed science education series Big Crazy Questions (And Some Answers) for families with children ages 3–12
- An annual Family Scientist private dinner featuring hands-on science projects and a presentation by a guest scientist
- Invitations to the Members-Only Open House and Star Party
- Unlimited complimentary admission to the Museum, special exhibitions, Space Show, giant-screen movies, and The Butterfly Conservatory for up to ten people when accompanied by Patron
- Ten guest passes for complimentary general admission to share with friends and family
- Two complimentary passes to the Museum’s annual Margaret Mead Film Festival upon request
- Advance notice of special programs
- Opportunity to host parties and events in select Museum venues
- Discounts on Museum shop and restaurant purchases
- Complimentary Museum calendar and book
- One-year subscription to Rotunda, our Member magazine
- Mention in the Museum’s annual report
- $24,755 is tax deductible
Under federal tax rules, grants by donor advised funds (DAFs) and private foundations cannot be used for memberships in which the donor-advisors or disqualified persons receive more than an incidental benefit. Please contact your tax advisor or your DAF’s supporting organization for more information, including the possibility of waiving return benefits or using an alternate funding source to pay for the full membership.
Original Watercolor by Holley Flagg
Patron Circle Member Since 2003