You can make any day extraordinary as a Member of the American Museum of Natural History. When visiting the Museum, you’ll have special access to the exhibitions, collections, and scientists that make the American Museum of Natural History one of the world's leading museums.
Plus, your membership helps keep one of the world's leading Museum's doors open 363 days a year, advances our critical research, helps preserve the Museum's 34 million specimens and artifacts, and provides opportunities for nearly five million children and adults to explore science and nature every year.
Individual or Family
$115 / $150
Become a Member today so you can visit easily, often, and with these great benefits:
- Unlimited general admission and FREE special exhibition tickets for one or two adults (and up to four children with a Family Membership)
- Four FREE adult tickets per year to 2D and 3D giant-screen movies or the Hayden Planetarium Space Show (includes eight free children’s tickets with Family Membership)
- Unlimited discounts on the Hayden Planetarium Space Show and additional giant-screen movies
- Invitations to weekend previews of new exhibitions before they open to the public
- 10% discount on Museum Shop purchases
- 15% discount on Museum restaurant purchases
- And your membership is 100% tax-deductible
Have a question? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
We also offer extended benefit levels for those seeking specialized opportunities!
Looking for a deeper connection with the Museum? Join the Patrons Circle, a philanthropic community of lifelong learners committed to supporting the Museum’s mission. As a Patrons Circle member, you’ll enjoy exclusive benefits that provide a unique, insider’s look at the Museum.
- Unlimited complimentary admission to the Museum, temporary exhibitions, Space Show, and giant-screen films for up to 10 people when accompanied by Patron
- VIP special exhibition evening preview receptions
- Invitations to special exhibition daytime previews, Member Open House, Members-only tours, Star Party, Children’s Holiday Party, and Curator Lectures
- NEW Free tickets and reserved seating for two to a public program hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Invitation for two to attend one Science Afterhours event, featuring a presentation by Museum experts and “behind-the-scenes” access, followed by a reception
- NEW Two complimentary passes to the annual Margaret Mead Film festival (upon request)
- NEW Invitation to a thought leadership video conference series, featuring Museum scientists
- NEW Before- and after-hours access to special exhibitions and permanent halls
- NEW Patrons Circle Concierge Service for help with booking tickets, planning, and customizing your visits
- NEW Ten Guest Passes for complimentary general admission
- NEW Exclusive Gilder Center updates from leadership, architects, and scientists
- Express ticketing, free coat check, and dedicated phone line in the Member Lounge
- Advance notice for children’s science camps and workshops
- Acknowledgment in the Museum’s Annual Report
- One-year subscription to Rotunda magazine
- Discounts for Museum shop, restaurant purchases, and selected education programs
- Monthly email newsletter with science content
$1,720 is tax deductible
Under federal tax rules, grants by donor-advised funds (DAFs) and private foundations cannot be used for memberships in which the donor-advisors or disqualified persons receive more than an incidental benefit. Please contact your tax advisor or your DAF’s supporting organization for more information, including the possibility of waiving return benefits or using an alternate funding source to pay for the full membership.