Master of Arts in Teaching
Behind the scenes at the Museum — and immersed in an urban classroom.
Learn to teach Earth and Space science in New York City through the Master of Arts in Teaching Urban Residency Program at the American Museum of Natural History; the first urban teacher residency program offered by a museum.
- Full-time 15 month program with stipend
- Small class sizes and one-on-one mentoring
- Science coursework at a world-class museum
- Learn to teach in a supportive nurturing environment
- Work alongside scientists and urban teachers
- Graduate with real-world teaching experience
- Ongoing professional support following graduation
Share your passion for science and learning. Play your part in the intellectual, cultural, and social community of New York City. Apply now to start your new life inspiring the next generation with science. Change lives. Teach science.
Join Our Mailing List
Watch this video to learn more about the MAT program:
With deepest appreciation, the Museum acknowledges Kathryn W. Davis for her generous founding support of the Master of Arts in Science Teaching (MAT) Program.
The MAT program is supported in part by the New York State Education Department and by the National Science Foundation under Grant numbers DRL-1119444 and DUE-1136306.