Ticket reservations are required. Facial coverings are strongly recommended. See Health and Safety.
by Lauren VanDenBerg on
As the library staff begins our temporary office moves and space restrictions during the final push of construction on the Richard Gilder Center for Science, Education, and Innovation, a quick look at the history of the museum’s library!
The Museum Memo was a behind-the-scenes monthly newsletter that ran from 1953 until about 1962. It focused on one story per edition and was enhanced by fun clip art illustrations. This edition comes from December 1953 when the library prepared to move to “fancy new quarters in the new building” as writer and editor Jack O’Reilly puts it.
This entry was written by Lauren VanDenBerg, Shelby White & Leon Levy Project Archivist.