Our halls offer sophisticated backdrops for corporate dinners, awards ceremonies, or other celebratory events of any size. The Astor Turret is an intimate, elegant setting for up to 75 guests, the Cullman Hall of the Universe offers a sleek and dramatic venue for up to 350 seated guests, and the magnificent Milstein Hall of Ocean Life can accommodate up to 1,000 seated under the 94-foot blue whale. Our event staff will work with you to find the perfect venue for your gathering.
Milstein Hall of Ocean Life
- Maximum capacity seated on lower level and balcony: 1,000 guests
- Maximum capacity seated on lower level, no stage: 700 guests
- Maximum capacity seated on lower level with dancing: 500 guests
- Maximum capacity seated on balcony: 300 guests
- 8 reprogrammable screens on balcony
- 1 reprogrammable screen on lower level
- Built-in dance floor
In this renowned gallery, the Museum’s iconic 94-foot-long blue whale model floats in the ambient light of an undersea realm, encircled by world-famous dioramas depicting scenes from the planet's oceans.
Cullman Hall of the Universe
- 1 reprogrammable screen
- Hayden Planetarium available for private Space Show viewings
The Willamette meteorite, Hayden Planetarium Sphere, and the floating planets of our solar system provide a brilliant setting for seated dinners, with a high-definition 10-foot-by-16-foot screen for presentations.
Overlooking Central Park and the New York City skyline, the Astor Turret offers one of the best views in Manhattan.
Hosting an event at the Museum supports scientific research and educational programs.