Utilising the expertise of the Museum’s scientists and educators, we can provide tailor-made virtual experiences that your venue can host for visitors to enjoy from the comfort of their own home.
Museum at Home
Museum at Home enables venues to expand its reach beyond its physical venue and offer virtual experiences for audiences to enjoy at home. These events can be tailored to meets the needs and interests of your audiences, as well as your institutions goals.
We currently offer two Museum at Home experiences, Beyond Planet Earth with Dr. Jackie Faherty and Dinosaurs at Home with Dr. Akinobu Watanabe, and are constantly exploring new experience ideas and formats – if there’s something you have in mind for your audiences, please reach out.
All Museum at Home experiences can be translated into your audiences' language, and include:
- A presentation with an AMNH scientist
- Live-streamed Q&A session with AMNH scientist
- Custom gifts and add-ons
- Marketing and communications materials
- Educational support materials
Find out more about our current experiences below:
In this at-home experience, audiences will be taken on a journey through space to explore our solar system. Astrophysicist Dr. Jackie Faherty will host a pre-recorded virtual mission to a planet of your choice, followed by a live Q&A session and a screening of a short film hand-picked to enhance the experience. Topics are highly flexible and easily tailored, but can include:
- The Grand Tour: A visual flight that begins on Earth and ends at the farthest reaches of the visible Universe.
- The solar system: A flight that hops from planet to planet and moon to moon. Highlights include high resolution flights over the Moon and Mars, our next adventure areas for spaceflight in the coming years.
- Our Milky Way: A flight that highlights the three-dimensional Galaxy that we live in through both space and time. We will show families of star systems co-moving together across the ages.
- And more!
Explore the world of modern paleontology with this interactive at-home experience. Dr. Akinobu Watanabe will host a pre-recorded presentation on a topic of your choice, followed by a live Q&A session. Topics are highly flexible and easily tailored, but can include:
- “How a Paleontologist Sees Jurassic Park & World Movies” – Dr. Watanabe will go over the science behind the popular Jurassic Park and World movies. What do the movies get right, and what do they get wrong based on scientific evidence?
- “What are Dinosaurs?” – A primer on dinosaur paleontology. What makes a dinosaur a “dinosaur”? Are pterodactyl and mosasaurs dinosaurs? And are dinosaurs alive today? We will explore these questions based on current scientific understanding of these prehistoric animals.
- “Dinosaur Science in the 21st Century” – An overview of how paleontologists are using new technologies to study dinosaurs, including research conducted by Dr. Watanabe that investigates how they grew up and their brain anatomy.
- And more!
Request More Information
Contact us to request more information for hosting a Museum at Home experience.